Learn about the application, installation, and operation of the Woodward Protech GII, TPS and SX Overspeed Protection for steam turbines. Hardware and software will be explained, programming demonstrated and the control connected to a closed loop test set. This class will provide you the opportunity to learn more about the Protech GII, TPS and SX Overspeed Protection devised.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong foundation on governor control theory pertaining to the Protech GII, TPS and SX Overspeed Protection devices.
A. Overview of the Protech GII, TPS and SX Overspeed Protection hardware
- Review of the display and keyboard.
- Review of the inputs and outputs including correct customer wiring.
B. Control Functionality (Hardware and Software)
- Description of the possible functions of the control system.
- Review of the operation of each of the different functions and how they relate to each other.
- Discussion of the configuration procedure and hands on operation of the control system.
C. Discussion of Related Components that integrate with the Protech GII, TPS and SX Overspeed Protection
The instructor reserves the right to modify the class content to best suit the class needs.